JOIN THE EVENT Why attend Exhibit
Arts in education
individual classes, based on our current running project and or by a performance workshop.
Community Conversations provide an opportunity for students to have a thoughtful discussion and dialogue about their shared values
African cultural arts
Build upon the culture and share it with the world (Live Performances/Community Engagement Projects)
created educational and artistic programs that incorporate the diverse cultures and histories of Africa since 2006
Siren – Protectors of the Rainforest is a performance group based in Brooklyn that has created educational and artistic programs that incorporate the diverse cultures and histories of Africa since 2006. The dance troupe tours the World using African Dance to spread the 3 Rs (Reuse, Recycle, Reduce) of protecting the environment for generations to come. Their stage and costumes are made of recycled materials.
- Respect the historic and artistic traditions that were passed down to us; (We continually take classes from Masters)
- Build upon the culture and share it with the world (Live Performances/Community Engagement Projects)
- Pass the appreciation onto the next generation. (In-School residencies at Pre-Schools, Primary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools. Workshops at Colleges and Universities as well as Studios and Museums. As well as general fitness and physical activity workshops for cultural centres, fitness studios, dance studios and church group
- Preserve, promote and present African art, history and culture through comprehensive and innovative educational programming for the enlightenment of all.
- Continue our “Grow Your Own” efforts to connect urban communities with agroforestry and sustainable living
Multicultural performances are a vessel to break down barriers and increase a sense of cultural pride while improving a sense of self-worth. Reconnecting children to history through hands-on projects provides a fun vehicle for learning hence our arts-in-education program which is registered with the board of education to provide after school and in-school programming. Call our offices at 917-455-0719 to schedule a one on one free consultation on projects that might work in your school.